Monday, January 17, 2011

Swagbucks. That's right - Swagbucks.

Search & Win


I used to make a pretty decent living working in the accounting department of a mortgage company. I was a single mom and was doing my part to bring home the thick-sliced, maple-brined bacon.

Then I got married and have five more kids and even though the kid I was raising with a single, greasy-from-bacon-fat-hand has now moved out and on, I still have those last five at home and they need bacon too.

And I don't want to be the one to have to leave my sofa to work for it, so I do what I can from here. My husband goes out and works hard every day and I earn Swagbucks.. Ridiculous sounding, I know.

But this last year, without even really trying, I collected enough Swagbucks to buy all this:

  • Digital voice recorder
  • (Used and outdated) Palm Pilot
  • Laptop charger
  • Some fancy deodorant
  • A fancy razor (with extra blades)
  • Three canisters of a chocolate-flavored meal replacement shake powder
  • A canister of green superfood powder
  • Some water soluble oil paint.
  • 15 books

15 books!

And I still have some leftover money in my Amazon account, too.

I'm not saying this justifies me not getting a Big Girl job, but it keeps me from having to spend money from my husband's Big Boy paycheck (which - these days - is not-so-big.

I use the Swagbucks search engine instead of Google (most times) and complete a poll or two - maybe check out the Swagbucks toolbar that I installed for a surprise code and next thing you know, I've earned enough Swagbucks to cash in for a gift card code at Amazon.

What are you waiting for???  Sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment